You can use Time Slicing to examine behaviors between certain periods. Each Segment Variable can be time sliced meaning that you can classify an individual’s behavior by examining activity during certain periods.
A Segment Condition has the following format:
- Segment Variable <'Qualifier'>, [TIME], TEST ‘Value’
- e.g. Percent of Spend on Category <’Shoes’>, [Since ‘1st January 2015’], Is Greater Than ‘20%’
The available [TIME] time slices are:
- Total– for all time available in the data
- Last Visit– considers only activities in the last visit
- Since– since a specific date up until today. You can set the value to “Today”, “<'X'> O’clock today”,”Yesterday” or a specific date (DD/MM/YYYY)
- Between– between 2 dates (DD/MM/YYYY) to (DD/MM/YYYY)
- Last– Last “Month”, Last “Year”, Last “MM” - e.g. Last January, Last “DD” - e.g. Last “Monday”, Last <'X'> Years – e.g. Last 2 Years, Last <'X'> Months, Last <'X'> Days, Last <'X'> Hours.
- Prior– Prior to <'X'> Years, Months, Days, Hours – e.g. Prior to 2 years ago
- In– In Month, e.g. In January (This Year), Month of Year – e.g. In August 2014, Year – e.g. In 2013
This gives you a very powerful segmentation tool. So for example, you may want to target people who spend a lot of their money with you on shoes and offer them related promotions.