BMZs, or Behavioural Merchandizing Zones, are content areas that display PureClarity Banners, Images and intelligent Product Recommenders.
Before switching on Merchandizing on your site you need to install BMZs in the relevant areas on your site. This can be done either automatically using the [Install BMZs] button under the “Actions” section on the PureClarity Configuration page (whereby a number of BMZs are strategically placed throughout your site) or installed manually using PureClarity Magento Widgets. We recommend that you initially install your BMZs automatically and then add additional BMZs as Widgets as you grow your PureClarity implementation.
Click the [Install BMZs] button from the “Actions” section to display the Install BMZs popup:
Be sure to select the correct store and current theme of the site that you wish to install BMZs on and click the [Install BMZ Now] button. Once widgets have been created you will be shown a status of the installation, and a list of the unique BMZ Ids that have been created.
Note: Each BMZ Id references the corresponding BMZ Id within the PureClarity Admin console, and allows you to configure what is displayed in that area.
The list of BMZs installed through the automatic installation process are as follows:
- HP-01 (content.top)
- HP-02 (content.bottom)
- HP-03 (content.bottom)
- HP-04 (content.bottom)
- Product Page
- PP-01 (content.bottom)
- PP-02 (content.bottom)
- Basket Page
- BP-01 (content.bottom)
- BP-02 (content.bottom)
- Order Confirmation Page
- OC-01 (content.bottom)
- OC-02 (content.bottom)
Custom PureClarity BMZ Widgets
You may want to add additional BMZs on other areas of your site. This can easily be done by adding Magento Content Widgets.
As an example of how to add your own BMZ widgets to your site, let’s add a BMZ to the Search Results Page.
- Navigate to Content > Widgets. Click [Add Widget].
- Choose “PureClarity BMZ” from the Type drop down.
- Choose your current theme from the Design Theme drop down. Click [Continue]
- Input a Widget Title such as “PC BMZ SR-01” to represent a Search Results BMZ.
- Set where your BMZ will be placed:
- Add "Layout Update" button
- Select “Specified Page” from the “Display on” dropdown menu
- Choose the page where you’d like your BMZ to be displayed. In this example choose “Quick Search Form” and “Before Main Columns” from the Container drop down.
Now we we need to configure the BMZ specific values:
Select “Widget Options” from the left menu.
- Enter SR-01 into the BMZ Id box.
Note: It’s important that this Id matches a corresponding BMZ Id configured in the PureClarity admin console. You can see the configured BMZs by going to the PureClarity admin console and navigating to Configuration > BMZs. For this example select “Search Results” from the drop down to view a list of BMZs that are available. You can BMZs by clicking the [Add New BMZ] button and setting a Name and an Id. Add SR-01 if it’s not listed
- Leave the Fallback Block Id text box blank. You may want to set this to a custom static block in future should you wish. This also applies to any of the widgets that were installed automatically too, just find the widget and edit it. Type in the Id of another static block, and if a BMZ isn’t populated by PureClarity when the page is rendered, your custom static block will be insert instead. Note, you can’t fallback to another BMZ.
- BMZ Display Mode: If you want to show a BMZ on a specific device type, this setting tells the BMZ when to render using CSS Media queries. Default will show on all devices.
- Applying a margin will set a 10px margin above and below the BMZ content area.
- CSS Custom Class: You can add your own css classes that will be added to the BMZ html element for greater control of how it’s displayed.
- Click [Save].
Your Custom BMZ Widget is now configured, and can be seen on the search results page!
Note: When adding new widgets you may need to clear the Magento cache to see it appear.
See debugging BMZs in the advanced section to help see your BMZ if nothing appears.
Once your BMZs are installed and placed accordingly you can activate the front end display.
From the PureClarity Configuration page, select “Yes” from the “Merchandizing Zones Enabled” drop down box under the General configuration section, and click the [Save Config] button.
Your PureClarity Behavioural Merchandizing Zones are now enabled and ready to display content throughout your website.
See the general PureClarity Personalized Merchandising Guide on configuring your Merchandizing Campaigns and BMZs to start targeting your customers!
Personalized Site Search & Product Listing
To enable the PureClarity Personalized Site Search and/or Product Listing functionality, from the “General configuration” section on PureClarity Configuration page, set “Search Enabled” and/or the “Product Listing Enabled” dropdown to “Yes” and click the [Save Config] button.
When PureClarity Search is enabled, PureClarity replaces the existing search box on your site with the PureClarity. Once PureClarity has received and processed its first Product Feed the autocomplete is ready to help your customers search for products.
As PureClarity learns more about what customers are interested in, the search system will begin to suggest products that are relevant to them.
Search Results & Product Listing page
When a user searches for a product, or views a product page, PureClarity will display relevant results to them. “Featured for you” products will be pushed to the top of the search page and PureClarity will display filters on the left.
Note: The look and feel of the search results/product listing page can be changed through the PureClarity admin console by editing the html templates.
To learn more about configuring Search and Product Listing Rules see the PureClarity Personalized Site Search Guide.